Skip to main content

Feature Film - The Hidden Reflection

The Film
For my class feature film project called The Hidden, I was the 1st Assistant Director. This meant that I help with our main director with anything he needed plus making the master schedule and call sheets. The biggest challenge we faced was staying on task. This caused us to film on more days than originally planned. I learned how to be a trusted leader in the class and used those skills beyond the filming set and classroom. My overall opinion of the film and my work on the film is positive because it was a successful film but I wish we could have had more time and used our time more productively.

My Time In Class
Every day in class, I was working on either call sheets or collaborating with my fellow crew members about upcoming filming dates and made sure that everyone was prepared. Outside of class, I make sure that I continue to be a leader so that I can better my classmates in this film.

My Strengths
I would say my biggest strengths are productivity, problem-solving, and being a leader. Every day in class and on set, I made sure that me and my classmates were productive. Whenever we had a problem with the schedules, I made sure that we fixed it and we made it work. Also, whenever a classmate needed something that had to do with the film, they came to me because I was a trusted leader.

Improvement
I realized along this journey that I need to be more dedicated to my own rules. I often found myself goofing off on set after having just reprimanded someone for that very thing. I also need to stick to my deadlines better. Had I stuck to my schedules, I think we could have finished the film earlier.

The Premiere
May 9th was one of the greatest nights of my life. It was a life-changing experience, and I wouldn’t change it for anything in the world. My favorite part of the film would have to me my love for my crewmates. The friends I made in this class are some of the only ones I truly feel comfortable with, the only ones I can really be myself around. As for next years students, I hope they can remember to find joy in the process of filmmaking. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pattern

Click on it to make it bigger!

POPtART

We’ve all seen this before. If you haven’t, you’ve been living under a graphic design rock. One of Andy Warhol’s most famous works, his portrait of Marilyn Monroe, is recognizable to anyone, just because of how famous the artist was. Using a publicity shot of Marilyn, Warhol created a few works through a silk screening process. He made the original, Marilyn , and then Marilyn Diptych , symbolizing the iconic woman’s death. In my own little way, I tried to create my own Andy-Warhol-based portraits of Hayley Willams, Gwen Stefani, Cara Delevingne, and Lady Gaga.  Following a basic color scheme, I created Pop Art Portraits